Monday, November 15, 2010

Obsessed With Exotic Sports Cars

Even since I was young I had a fascination with exotic sports cars. I was the little kid with all the car books and I even loved reading the "wheels" section of our local newspaper to see if I could spot an exotic car for sale.
The first time I saw an exotic sports car in real life was when I was about 8 years old. We were going to visit my Grandmother a few hours down the road. Since it was a long boring drive, I dosed off until my Dad woke me up to ask what kind of car was driving beside him. I awoke to see a Lamborghini Countach driving next to our car! What a thrill for a little boy that was infatuated with exotic sports cars.
As I got older the novelty of seeing exotic cars has somewhat diminished, but it's not gone. I live in a very wealthy community in Canada and in the summer I will see Ferrari's, Maseratis and Porches everyday. In fact just yesterday I was driving down a side street in the rain when I saw a car approaching that was incredibly low to the ground. To my amazement, it was a Charcoal Lamborghini Muircielago. I have never actually saw one on the street so this was an exciting day for me. Just to taunt me, a young man, likely in his late 20's or early 30's likes to show off his Ferrari 360 on my street quite often.
So what does an adult do with their fascination of exotic sports cars, especially if you're not in a position to take on a $5000+ per month lease payment! One option that you could choose would be to rent an exotic car. A company close to my home rents Lamborghini's and Ferrari's for around $3000 for the day, with a 100 km mileage allowance for the day. Each additional kilometer will set you back $1.99. Obviously if one can drop $3000 for a one day test run, you're still wealthier than the majority of the population. For most of us, exotic car wallpapers, exotic car key chains and posters of exotic cars are the closest that we may get to owning an exotic sports car.
Just remember, you can always dream, but lets face it; Unless you're a dotcom millionaire or your parents have more money than they know what to do with, you may never have the chance to shift the gears on an exotic sports car of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment